The Hangout Oyster Cook-Off is a two-day (separately ticketed) Food & Drink Festival in Gulf Shores, Al on November 1st and 2nd. Culinary Teams, Food Stars, & Top-rated Restaurants gather together to compete for title awards- and you get to taste every dish they make. Live music pours over the beaches of Gulf Shores and speciality food & drink vendors come together to bring you the ultimate food festival experience!
On the Friday 1st’s Kick-Off Party, you will sample some of the rarest spirits to reach the Gulf Coast. Bourbons like Pappy Van Winkle will be paired with high-end barbecue, prepared by some of the hottest pitmasters in the U.S. Rums like Matusalem will be paired with Caribbean cuisine, and Mexican food will be paired with boutique tequilas including Avion 44. Not to mention, you will tour our Craft Beer village featuring All-American gourmet grilled food with the best burgers and hotdogs on the beach.
On Saturday 2nd’s Cook-Off, you will know the official festivities have begun by the aromas of delicious food pouring through the air. Cherished musical acts play in the background, as you sample dishes, visit live cooking demonstrations, meet & greet at book signings, relax in our champagne lounge and watch the competitors go head-to-head.
Each event requires its own ticket. A Weekend VIP Pass is good for both events is also available.
More information can be found at www.hangoutcookoff.com
Saturday Festival Features
The Oyster Cook-Off
- Oysters from all over the continent will be available to sample in the North American Raw Oyster Showcase!
- Guest appearances from celebrity chefs like Michael Symon (Iron Chef America, BBQ Brawl, Burgers, Brew & ‘Cue), World-champion BBQ Pitmaster, Chris Lilly (The Chew) and many others
- LIVE MUSIC from Jimmy Hall & The Muscle Shoals All-Stars and Caroline Jones!
- Live Cooking Demos at The Publix Hands-on Demo Stage – Featuring live demonstrations with instructions from our celebrity chefs
- Over 70,000 Wild Alabama Oysters served!
- Big Green Egg Tailgating Experience
- Restaurant Competitions: The Hangout Cook-Off will feature chefs competing for cash and prizes. Each restaurant will be serving up Rockefeller, Gulf Coast Cajun and Raw Oysters for everyone to taste.
- Book Signings and Meet & Greets with your favorite Celebrity Chefs
- AMATEUR COMPETITION: For those who think they can match the pros, we have a competition for Gulf Coast foodies to win cash prizes and bragging rights.
- Oyster Shocking Competition featuring chefs, shuckers and amateurs
- Cocktail Demos from professional bottle spinners and award-winning mixologists demonstrating the “bells and whistles” of cocktail making
- Champagne Lounge, Beachfront Access & Premiere viewing of live concerts!
Friday Craft Spirits & Beer Cook-Off Features
The Ultimate Kick-Off Party
- Rare Spirits Such as Pappy Van Winkle, Matusalem, and Avion 44.
- Foodie-Grade Pairings with our rare selection of Bourbon, Rum, Tequila and Craft Beer.
- Tastings for High-End BBQ, Caribbean Cuisine, Fancy Mexican Fare, and top culinary twists on all-american classics!
- Celebrity Appearances of some of the hottest pit-masters in the U.S.
- Bountiful Craft Beer selection!
- Live Music from the incredible Crawford & Power and Boy Named Banjo
- Fox Bros BB
- Jess Pryles
- Pig Beach NYC Shane McBride
- Sam Jone BBQ